The Bible is the will of God for whole human being. Let’s verify it, do really effects now.
Do you know about the modern
nation Israel? This is the history of Abram whose residence was in Ur around 2000 B.C. The history of the nation Israel
began when God called Abram, a descendant of Noah’s son Shem, out of the Sumerian
city-state of Ur to become the father of chosen nation and the possessor of Promised
Land. Lets introduce to you with this family. This is the genealogy of Terah. Terah
begat Abram, Nahor and Haran. And Haran died before his father Terah in his
native land in Ur of the Chaldeans. Terah took his son Abram and his grandson
Lot, the son of Haran and his daughter-in-law Sarah his son Abram’s wife and
they went out with them from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to the land of Canaan;
and they came to Haran and dwelt there. (Genesis 11:27-31) Now the Lord had
said to Abram; “Get out of your country from your kindred and from your
father’s house to a land that I will show you. I will make you great nations; I
will bless you and make your name great and you shall be blessing. I will bless
those who bless you and I will curse him who curses you and in you all the families of the earth
shall be blessed. So the Abram departed as the Lord had spoken to him.
Then Abram took Sarah his wife and Lot his brother’s son and all their possessions
that they had gathered and the people whom they had acquired in Haran and they
departed to go to the land of Canaan.
So they came to the land of Canaan.
(Genesis 12:1-5) And Lord said to Abram, “Lift your eyes now and look from the
place where you are-northward, southward, eastward and westward; for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever.
(Genesis 13:14-15) And I will make My
covenant between Me and you and will multiply you exceedingly.” “As for
Me behold My covenant is with you and you shall be a father of many nations. No
longer shall your name be called Abram,
but your name shall be Abraham; for
I made you a father of many nations. I will make you exceedingly fruitful and I
will make nation of you; and kings shall come from you. And I will establish My covenant between Me
and you and your descendants after you in their generations, for everlasting
covenant, to be God to you and your descendants after you. Also I give to you and your descendants after
you the land in which you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan as an
everlasting possession; and I will be their God.” (Genesis17:1-8)
God’s covenant
promises passed first to Abraham’s son Isaac and then to Isaac’s son Jacob.
God said to Isaac, “Sojourn in
this land and I will be with you and bless you for to you and your descendants.
I give all this lands and will perform the oath which I swore to Abraham your
father.” (Genesis26:3) And said to
Jacob, “Your name is Jacob; your name shall not be called Jacob anymore, but Israel shall be your name.” So He called
his name Israel and said,
“The land which I gave Abraham and Isaac I give to you and to your descendants
after you I give this land.” (Genesis 35:10,13) “I am the Lord God of Abraham your father and
the God of Isaac, the land which you lie I will give to you and your
descendants. (Genesis28:13)
The twelve sons of Jacob came the twelve tribes,
and from the twelve tribes, Israel grew into a nation. The Canaan was the ancient name of Israel
and the people of Israel are the descendants of Abraham possessing the same
land the God has given to them till now. Here the words of God literally fulfilled.
Do you want to know? Has your
name written in the will of God? Wait for next blog.

Comments
Post a Comment